Monday 21 January 2013

The 1940s


OK, so call me fickle, but after watching the film Pearl Harbour again, I may just have fallen in love with another era.  This love is mainly for the fashions and after a lengthy amount of time flicking through Google images, I can safely say, I love it all! Don’t get me wrong, the 1920s still captivates me completely (see The 1920s blog post), but I feel I am allowed to love more than one period in time, right? Or is that classed as cheating?

The 1940s style became more practical in comparison to the 20s, although the silhouettes could be argued to be more feminine, with emphasis on a tiny waist. This practicality of course, is mainly due to the influence that World War II had. The women of the time were pushed to the forefront, especially in terms of employment status.

I think what really gets me, is the hair styles. The set curls, Hollywood waves, clips and hats are truly art-forms in their own right.  I feel some experimenting coming along...

What do you think of this era?  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the 1940's! The women always look so elegant and classy! I often feel I was born in the wrong era! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Would like to go back in time, just for one day. x x

    ReplyDelete