Tuesday 18 June 2013

Style at 25


I know being 25 is still young, but I am torn between where my fashion head is at and where it should be at my present age. I know I don’t feel comfortable dressing how I did a few years ago, when I was a student (the first time around), but I am still young after all. I am trying to find a balance between my individual style, the style my job requires, the obvious mummy duties and all the young, fun styles that appear on the high street.   

I find myself drawn to classic and sophisticated styles (perhaps because of my fascination of past eras), but every now and then, I tend to have the odd, mad moment, where I will buy something only a 17 or 18 year old should be seen in! Being a mum, evenings out are planned well in advance and happen a lot less often than in the past. And, I can honestly say, this is a welcome change to my life. The horrific hangovers, every weekend, are long gone and having to find a different outfit 3 nights of the week is also (thankfully) a thing of the past. Not to mention all the amazing things that come along with being a mum.

My point being, I often have time to plan and buy a particular outfit for a particular occasion, but why do I still find myself regretting my choice a few months later?

I think I am figuring out why this may be. In the past I have paid too much attention to the fleeting fashions of a particular moment, rather than concentrating on my individual style. More recently I have been developing this style and feel I am getting to a place where I am comfortable, but also, still following present fashions, just in a way that is true to me.

I am sure, most similarly thinking people will have come to this point as their style evolves, I cannot be alone.  Any more twenty-something’s out there, with a style dilemma alike to mine?   

Lizzie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment